Friday, November 16, 2018

More parts arrived...

So on Wednesday some more parts arrived for my build. All this stuff was ordered on 26th October and arrived at 14th November, not bad for a shipment from China.

Finally the rest of the frame is here now. So I guess I will make the first video on the weekend how I put together the frame. Just need to check that I got the right screws. The aluminum extrusions have an extra layer of foil for protection. The linear rods have a nice chamfer the the end.


The part I was most exited about was the mount for the Titan Aero hot end. I can only hope it fits for the Titan Aqua as well. But that did not arrive yet.
It did come without linear bearings. This time the bearings are secure with a locking spring instead of a set screw. It is well made and looks top quality.



As my goal was to have all features formt the original MK3, I also ordered this board for the power fail. It comes with a power inlet and seems to have an opto coupler to separate the board logic from main voltage. It is the little IC that bridges the 2 parts of the board.


Then we have the stand offs for the heat bed. Nothing special, comes with screws and a cheap allen wrench.

Then we have the filament sensor with cable. Looks exactly as the original part from Prusa.

For the automatic bed leveling I ordered this P.I.N.D.A V2 probe. A proximity switch with built in thermal sensor to compensate the influence of temperature to the measurement.

And I ordered 2 sets of those rubber feet. One for this project and the other for my original Prusa. It is so annoying that the original feet fall off every time you move the printer. They come with T-nuts, screws and a cheap allen wrench.

Next we have the textil sleeve for the cables that Prusa now recommends over the spiral sleeve. They say the spiral sleeve might be to stiff and grind on your cables.

The idler pulleys with bearings. Not so sure if I need them anymore.

Then the U bolts for the linear bearings on the Y carriage. Unfortunately only 2 of those bolts, one is missing. The seller promised to send the missing one right away. Let's see how long this will take as this will delay my little project.

I had also ordered a pair of radial fans in 5V. They did not come with the nice shroud as show in the picture on aliexpress and even advertised as a MK3 part, the cable is not long enough and needs to be extended to fit the MK3.

This is the timing belt. 5 meter, should be more than enough.

I also ordered a NTC element for the hot end, just as a replacement part.

I ordered a set of those heat sinks for stepper motors. One was damaged on arrival, not much, but you now I am picky. The reason I ordered them is that on my original Prusa the stepper motor gets real hot while printing. The stepper did not break so far, but makes me feel uncomfortable.

Now that I have most of the parts I can start with the build soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A new project "automatic cat litter box"

 I did not post any updates for a long time. I spent some time making some money with 3D printing to recover some of the costs from this hob...