Sunday, December 9, 2018

The Hotend part 2

Finally the Titan Aqua klon arrived. It was well packaged and included all required parts.


So it was time to put the x-carriage together as well. Be aware that for this one you need two LM8LUU (45 mm long) bearings and not three LM8LU (24mm long) bearing as in the original Prusa X-carriage. You will need also those special pliers to secure the bearing with the secure lock washers.


Once everything is in place it should look like this. As You can see I made some scratches to the ionized surface with my cheap pliers.


So in the moment of truth I recognized then that this mount is not usable for the Titan Aqua. It just won't fit. Not matter what you try. So now I have not much options left. I could try to mill the carriage to make it fit, but that is not as easy as it sound. Or I 3D print a new mount. I need to come up with a solution for the PINDA probe anyway.

  


As it is designed for a Titan Extruder and the Titan Aero is not much different from the Titan Extruder, and because I have an original E3D Titan Aero laying around here, I tried this one.
And it fits perfect. So I could just go with the Titan Aero as an alternative, but the goal was to use a Water cooled hotend.



No comments:

Post a Comment

A new project "automatic cat litter box"

 I did not post any updates for a long time. I spent some time making some money with 3D printing to recover some of the costs from this hob...