Monday, March 25, 2019

A new build is coming...

Finally I have received all CNC aluminium parts for the next MK3 clone.


What you might see here if you look closely are the new self lubrication bearings from Vesconite 3D.
I swapped out the cheap Chinese LMU bearing for those ones I ordered directly form South Africa.


I ordered the standard Vesconite Hilube (White) and they added 3 Vesconite Superlube (Pink) samples for free. Thank you very much Juan!
Maybe I do a post just about those bearings and how they perform.

I also replaced the cheap pulleys in the CNC parts that had only a bearing one side. And use now some with bearings on both sides and teeth. Not sure if those teeth will make any difference, but I got some comments on my last build that the flat pulleys would flatten the teeth on the belts over time.



But the important thing for me was the bearing on both sides as the ones that came with the CNC parts wobbled on the screw that is used as axle.


I also got most of the other parts, the Rambo Board, LCD, Hot-end. Just waiting for the motors and the smooth rods. Once I got them the build can start.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Great to see you're doing a build and review with the Aluminium CNCéd aprts.
    While i am also doing the same, (my 1st Prusa Clone), would like to check with you if you have the same issue.
    I, too got my Aluminium CNCéd X-axis assembly from Aliexpress, looking forward to build an MK3 clone with the most aluminium parts.
    On assembly, I then found out that Aluminium, X-axis (motor end) where the guide rods fits.
    The depth of the Guide-rod holes are 27mm, (almost 10mm too shallow)
    The original depth is 35.5-36mm if according to actual.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, the first build was also made with all parts. And yes, I did have the same problem and needed to cut the length of the rods. That worked surprisingly well with my Dremel and a steel cutting disc. Look into my older post.

    ReplyDelete

A new project "automatic cat litter box"

 I did not post any updates for a long time. I spent some time making some money with 3D printing to recover some of the costs from this hob...