Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Most of the aluminium parts

Today most of the aluminium parts arrived. The mount for the Titan Hot End is still missing, but I ordered it from a different dealer.
Again I am impressed how quickly the order arrived, ordered on 27th October and arrived today 13th November. Less than 3 weeks. Wow!

Those parts look good and seem to be made well. Also the black anodizing was done properly. Of course I would have preferred to get them in Prusa orange, but you tale what you get.
I even thought about an all black printer, but I have a to admit that I really like the Prusa orange/black color scheme.

The z-axis motor mounts come with little bearings in the top parts. There are little set screws that hold those bearings and the linear rods in place.

The mount for the timing belt under the build plate is actually made of 3 parts. But still looks nice and I guess there is no other way to machine those teeth that grab into the timing belt.


The x carriage was a little surprise as they did come with linear bearings installed. I think I need to remove them as all bearing ball from both bearings as in line, but should be 45° offset from each other. There is a little set screw that holds them in place.

The holes for the z-lead crew nuts look not so nice as the rest. Also You can see that one pair of holes per part are drilled for a bigger diameter than the other two. I can only guess that they try to accommodate for different types of nuts and hope it is not a mistake.
Then we have the mount for the y-axis motor and the idler pulley, which I will not use I guess.
And this adjustable idler pulley mount is the reason I might not use the other one. I have to test how well this works, and maybe upgrade my original MK3 as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment

A new project "automatic cat litter box"

 I did not post any updates for a long time. I spent some time making some money with 3D printing to recover some of the costs from this hob...