Saturday, November 10, 2018

Enclosure Part 1

As I mentioned before I am planning to build an enclosure for this printer. I decided to follow the instructions from the Prusa Website and will use Ikea Lack tables.


Prusa shares the 3D printed parts on Thingiverse. But as you can see there is not much room left from the top of the printer to the smoke detector(which is a cool idea btw).
So I decided to remix the parts and extend them by 150mm in total, 75mm for the upper corners and 75mm for the lower corners. This should provide sufficient space to add the MMU 2 on top of the printer.
I also added a notch for the plexiglas sheets on the full height of the corners to give the whole construction some more stability.


And this is how they look when printed, in original Prusa orange PETG filament of course.




Next step is to remix the lower corners and print them as well as the hinges. I have not yet decided if i will go with Plexiglas® (Acrylic) or Makralon® (Polycarbonate) for the sides of the enclosure. I may also look into clear PVC and PET. But at the end the price will be the factor on which I will decide.


No comments:

Post a Comment

A new project "automatic cat litter box"

 I did not post any updates for a long time. I spent some time making some money with 3D printing to recover some of the costs from this hob...