Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Choices to make

I did not expect to get the first parts that soon. So now I have to make some decisions for the missing parts. First there is the power supply. The original Prusa comes with a 24V 240W power supply. I had in mind to use it to power an LED strip and the Water cooling as well. So wanted to order a 300W PS, but they are more expensive than a 360W and hard to find.
Problem is that those have a Fan installed, the 240W PS don´t. But I wanted to have a silent printer and as the PS would be installed outside the enclosure I would hear it. I could replace the Fan in the PS with something more sophisticated and silent fan.
But then I realized it is hard to find a Water cooling set for PC´s with 24 Volts pump and fan.
I could use a DC-DC step down module, but I think I will go with another 12V PS instead.

SO the other missing part is the water cooling system. There are some 3D printer cooling sets for sale, all around € 50. But not very appealing to me and the size of the cooler implies that the Fans have to run at full speed all the time.
As every PC water cooling set will do just as fine, I think I order one of those, with a nice look, big cooler and attach then some silent fans.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A new project "automatic cat litter box"

 I did not post any updates for a long time. I spent some time making some money with 3D printing to recover some of the costs from this hob...