Wednesday, November 7, 2018

The first parts came in today

Felt like early Christmas today. The first parts I ordered on Oct. 24 2018 arrived today, Nov. 7 2018!
I am impressed as I expected 3-4 weeks lead time at least.
Here is what should be in the kit I have ordered.


One box contained the MK3 frame. Everything is nicely packaged and looks good. While the surface of the anodizing seems to be a little bit rougher than the original Prusa parts, they look good.
They even copied the Prusa Logo.


The MK52 heat bed looks pretty much like the original, but this time no Prusa markings.



I won't using the cable covers, I´d rather use the 90 degree version, so the printer fits better in the enclosure. It is printing right now :-) 

The spring steel build has some line pattern printed like the original, but comes as a blank. Not sure yet what I am supposed to do with those small stickers.
 There are 2 PEI sheets included, for both sides of the spring steel. They come with attached adhesive, so at least I cannot screw up this part of the installation.

It seems like they have cut them already to size, including the notches. Not sure if this is really good, as I have to attach them very precisely now and make sure the sheet is square to the spring steel. I think I would have preferred an oversizes sheet that you just cut off the overlap when it is attached.



The Einsy Rambo Board even comes with the fuses, some heat sinks for the TMC drivers(usually not included when you order from Prusa) and the same type of blue USB cable.

Last, but not least the Bondtech Gears clone. The set comes with the screw, bearings, shaft and an allen key. We will see if this is as good as the nearly 6 times more expensive original.


No comments:

Post a Comment

A new project "automatic cat litter box"

 I did not post any updates for a long time. I spent some time making some money with 3D printing to recover some of the costs from this hob...