Wednesday, November 7, 2018

My parts list for the MK3 clone.

The 11.11. is coming and I started to print the plastic parts for my MMU 2 clone. Everything is printed in black PETG vom Prusa, except for the Idler. I will print this one in Polycarbonate(PC) as soon as my order from HobbyKing arrives.
This is how the parts came out of the printer, I did not do any cleanup yet. But it is not really necessary to perform much cleanup. I printed them in 0.15mm Layer height and with no supports.


I am also thinking how to use the Filament Sensor with the Titan Aqua Clone Hot End. I guess once I received the parts I will design a housing that fits the extruder.

Meanwhile I also decided what enclosure I will built. There is a very good article on the Prusa Website how to build an enclosure with the Ikea Lack tables.
Prusa Ikea Lack Enclosure
Why this one? Well, they spent already some thoughts how everything goes together in a way that you can easily access the printer for maintenance. Also the idea of mounting the power supply outside the housing is good and they provide parts for this as well.
But I guess I will slightly modify the parts to have more height inside the enclosure. So that I do not have any problems with the MMU 2 on top of the printer.
And lucky as I am, the Lack table is on sale currently for just € 5.99.


This is a list of parts that I already ordered for my MK3 Clone.

(Hope this one fits for the Titan Aqua as well)

Besides that I have preordered some parts for the 11.11 sale.  I needed to make a deposit and pay the rest during the 11.11.


I will also order those parts as I wanted to experiment with different adhesives on the build plate.

I got some discounts on my order, mainly the removed the shipping costs on my request.
But I have already spent € 559.55 and still have not all parts I need. And as I live in Germany I have to pay 19% VAT for all those parts when they arrive, so it is € 668.55 .

You see, this is not just about to save money on a MK3 built!




No comments:

Post a Comment

A new project "automatic cat litter box"

 I did not post any updates for a long time. I spent some time making some money with 3D printing to recover some of the costs from this hob...