Thursday, April 1, 2021

Mosaic Palette 2S Pro or 3 Pro?

Two weeks ago I finally ordered my Palette 2 Pro. I hate the Prusa MMU2 as it is so unreliable und far from being easy to use. So I was thinking to get a Palette for a while.

But I have so many other projects going on that 750€ was quite a sum for me right now. But while waiting for my Voron 2.4 parts I decided to get one, finally.



But this week Mosaic announced the Palette 3 Pro, for the same price as the 2S Pro and in addition you get a $100 off for pre-orders. So seems that was just bad timing.

But what really annoyed my was that there is no upgrade this time as the internals have changed so much. I would appreciate if they would give a bigger discount for existing customers.

I have not yet decided if the Palette will go on one of my MK3 clones or even on the new Voron. I guess the Palette would slow down the Voron.

I also got most of the mechanical parts for my Voron 2.4. The SKR boards are still missing, according to tracking they are in Germany since begin of March. The heat mat is still not available. I started to put the frame and rails together today and already ran out of M3x8mm screws. So I guess having the build mostly done over Easter will not happen.



No comments:

Post a Comment

A new project "automatic cat litter box"

 I did not post any updates for a long time. I spent some time making some money with 3D printing to recover some of the costs from this hob...