Sunday, March 21, 2021

Is EVERBODY building a Voron now?

It seems like a huge community is building a Voron now. It is really hard to get the parts.

I had ordered some parts from Fermio Labs, like the print bed, the LDI stepper motor for the Afterburner hope-end and the IGUS® cable chains.

Then a few days later some more parts where available and I ordered them. Unfortunately I did not pick the frame kit in black from LDO, that was then sold out in 2 days. But I got the LDO stepper motors for X any Y axis (0.9°) and picked the wire harness.

I have could make it by myself. But if you do the math. The complete harness costs me 114,90€. If I buy a 100 meter roll of the Helukabel Heluflon®-fep-6 in 0.25 mm² it cost me around 50€. The sourcing guide says you need 250 feet (or around 77 meters). Then I need the 0.5 mm² also, plus the JST and Molex connectors (just few cents) and the work I have to spent. They advertise that the connectors are properly labeled. If you don't have the tools(I got them) you would also need to spent a fair amount of money on proper tools for the Molex and JST connectors.

Well, I will report about the quality once I receive the harness. But that seem to be a fair deal to me.

The motors for the Z axis was nowhere to find, but then I stumbled across the hobby-store.pl . The had the LDO motors and I also ordered the steel shafts as they were cheap. I am not sure if I will use them as I also have a 5mm stainless steel rod here that I wanted to use. But cutting and grinding stainless steel is a pain.

I got the screws for my Voron as well. I try to use stainless steel bolts and nuts when possible and usually order them in larger quantities by 100, 500 or even 1000. So I spent round about 100€ for the bolts and nuts.

Some small parts arrived from Chine as well. The self tapping M2 x10, the JST connector set, the magnets and the Z inductive probe sensor.

I got the Mean Well power supplies both from Amazon for a good price.

I ordered the spring steel sheets from Energetic3D store. I am happy with the ones he provided for my Prusa clones and the Elegoo Mars 2 Pro printers.

So for know I can only wait for the resining parts like the frame, the heat mat and some others to become available again. 

Then I still wait for more parts to arrive from China, like the Bigtreetech SKS V1.4 turbo boards, the fans, the nuts for the extrusion profiles and the bearings. 

There are some electrical parts missing as well. But I plan to use proper circuit breakers and ground fault circuit interrupter for this printer. I am also thinking about some LED lights and some gadgets.

One would be a nozzle camera. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

A new project "automatic cat litter box"

 I did not post any updates for a long time. I spent some time making some money with 3D printing to recover some of the costs from this hob...