Saturday, January 12, 2019

New Parts and Fan Problem Part 2

In a previous post I did mention that you should not use the radial fan from my initial parts list, as it does not have a tacho signal(it has only a 2 pin plug instead of a 3 pin). As I could not find a 3 pin version in 5 Volts, I ordered mine from Prusa. That was the only original Prusa part so far.

Another User from the reprap forum send me a link that you can get 3 pin fans meanwhile from aliexpress. I ordered these, but you find more listings on Aliexpress now(seems like the sellers read my blog? :-) )
2 x fan5015-50x50x15mm 5V 11,50€


So that problem is solved, you can get a clone part for this fan as well. I did not get mine, so I cannot tell anything about the quality yet.

Another item I found is the Prusa X-carriage in alu. I know, there are plenty, but this one seems to be an exact copy of the 3D printed part from Prusa, not just a square block.

1 set Prusa i3 MK3 aluminium X axis Prusa MK3 25€



I ordered one, not sure if I will use it i this build or the next one(oh yes, I am gathering parts for the next build with the Bondtech BMG Prusa Upgrade hotend, so stay tuned!).

One thing I can say about those aluminium parts on this built is that the everything or more stiffer than the 3D printed parts. Ok, usually there is no force on the hot end, and this should not matter. But in some cases it might help a lot with vibrations. I tested some infill pattern on my original MK3 and the whole Ikea enclose was shaking.



No comments:

Post a Comment

A new project "automatic cat litter box"

 I did not post any updates for a long time. I spent some time making some money with 3D printing to recover some of the costs from this hob...